To regret, or not to regret?

Something I try to live without is regret.

When you do something, no matter what, it is what you wanted at that moment. In that moment you wanted whatever it was, sleep in class, not study what you should, sleeping with that guy, those drinks and dancing on the bar, ending up on @tigermakeout with that girl, that illegal drug, that relationship... Whatever. It was what you wanted.

The Facebook posts, tweets, tumblr, instagrams, all of them, bashing the other isn't cute, doesn't make you look good, quite frankly it makes you look miserable and pathetic.

Now, once upon a time I did that, I even went so far as to create an anonymous twitter. I've been down that really horrid road. It ruined a friendship or two. I'm not proud of it. I'm not proud of what I said, I wish I hadn't said what I did, but I learned from it. I'm trying to not be negative on twitter (unless it's Monday morning or my 8am, or its pouring) then it's ok. But, aside from that trying to bash people on twitter or social media without them able to defend themselves. I saw a guy post a picture of his ex girlfriend and it wasn't the most flattering or best picture either, if you get my drift. He went on about how much of a whore and how "thirsty" she was. My heart sunk. This guy was basing the girl he had been with for the past year and had no respect for. Pathetic. That same thing can be said for my pathetic tweets, I learned my lesson. I can't take back what I said, anything I've done, I can just learn from it now.

What also drives me nuts are the "let's see how many different way's I can bash my ex who I told everyone I was going to marry and who I tweeted about non stop and facebooked about incessantly" yes, you gave them ______ months/years but it was what you wanted. You can't tell me that it's not what you wanted. It is.

I've not loved every decision I've ever made but in every moment it was exactly what I wanted. 

YOLO is something my generation has coined. You Only Live Once. Yeah, we do. I'm not about to do everything stupid under the sun, but I'm willing to take risks. I took a guy I really liked to a social, he's not texted me since I gave him his tshirt a week later. Class act right? He was a great date, I had a blast, he was gorgeous, yeah I'm sad he didn't text me back after but his loss. I pined for a good two weeks and then decided he wasn't worth the time, and luckily I didn't cry over him or need Ben and Jerry's to get over it.

I'm experiencing what I want, when I want, and how I want. Not everything can be under my control or else I wouldn't be single, that's here nor there. I'm excited what the next paragraph of my life has to offer and I'm just sitting here reading the story of my life unfold and there's a reason books are printed. You can't change or move them like a felt story board, they're permanent, we learn from the previous chapters and move on and look towards the blank pages of the future. I don't know how long my book will be, I just hope it's one that people look to and admire and want to remember years after it's been completed. 

Comments

Popular Posts