OU or UA?

I'm a die hard Auburn fan. No questions asked, I however can be the bigger person and cheer for Alabama when they are NOT playing us (so 99.99% of the time). With that said I had every intention to cheer for them tonight seeing I like the state of Alabama to win, and I did cheer for them as hard as it was. 4 years with the National title in the state is impressive already, possibly a 5th year. That's cool.

However, as the Alabama fans came out and started to bash OU and say it would be a "walk in the park" and that "they don't stand a chance" etc I wanted to slap them all in the face. I understand SOME Auburn fans do the exact same thing. I understand there are SOME fans who went out and got Sooner's gear to spite Alabama.

Let's rewind, the amount of people I know who when Cam led Auburn to the National Championship went and bought Oregon stuff was INSANE. So when some cheered for the other team I wasn't shocked. The amount of people I've seen bash Alabama tonight is insane, AJ is a class act (aside from that HORRIBLE tattoo on his chest) he's had an amazing career at Alabama and that's that. I've heard AJ's family is incredibly nice from first hand knowledge, he's apparently incredibly nice. Ok, y'all stop bashing him. He's one of the greatest QB's so please. But I'm looking forward to the day I can watch them play and not see Katherine's face after every play.

So, with that said, a red shirt freshman, Trevor Knight, beat AJ tonight on the field with all the other players too (a great defense 7 sacks). This isn't to discredit AJ, he's a great player, but he faced another great team. I did not see this coming. I expected Alabama to kick (ha ha) the living daylights out of Oklahoma. But props to this guy, I look forward to following you the rest of your career and you're gorgeous and love Jesus, I've got a formal this spring... wanna go?

I was torn all night, when I saw Oklahoma up I was like "yay" because well I'm an Auburn fan that's just how it works. At the same time I thought "well crud" I wanted to see Alabama happy so maybe their fans wouldn't bash Auburn as much before the Championship. It was easier to keep up on the ESPN app until the 4th quarter when I actually watched the game. I was in shock the entire 4th quarter.

An aside, I love my friends who are Alabama fans- what I don't appreciate is the "I CANNOT WAIT TO CHEER FOR A COLLEGE I'VE NEVER CHEERED FOR BEFORE IN MY LIFE BECAUSE I WANT TO SEE YOU LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!" You've got HOW MANY NATIONAL TITLES GO KISS THOSE CRYSTAL BALLS. Let us have ours. OK?!?!?! Keep it in the state for the 5th title in a row. I understand it goes against everything in your body, I understand it will really hurt when you just lost with a month of preparation, JUST DON'T BE SO DARN RUDE! I've held my tongue and my retweet button all night. I'm sick of all the bashing, ALL these guys have gotten the chances of a lifetime playing football for their respective colleges and the opportunity to then get paid millions of dollars in the pros. SO FOR THE LOVE OF IT, I'm not saying to go out and buy Auburn gear, but DO NOT BASH MY TEAM, I can say I'm friends with the players because I am. They're HUMANS, do you not understand that you threatening your kickers life was one of the most horrible things y'all as a fan base have ever done? You sit on your butt and cheer. I doubt a single one of you could possibly do a better job under that kind of pressure. I will stand behind my team no matter what (last season proved that Auburn family loves each other no matter what). I would rather you not watch the game than sit and tweet and Facebook about how much you hate them. Don't watch if you hate us that much. And saying "keep it in the SEC" is not acceptable if you're actually a FSU fan, you have every right to, whether you're alum or from that area, ok, I can handle that, but to jump on the band wagon. NO NO NO NO. Don't be a Harvey Updyke and cheer for FSU out of spite. I can honestly say I did not cheer for OSU. I was shocked at the outcome.

I'm sick of all the bashing, it's stupid and I understand that this one blog post won't stop it. I understand I'm gonna have to suffer through the stupidity on the 6th. Try and be a bigger person.

Ok, that is all. My rant is over.

Comments

Popular Posts