Because...

Because I love Auburn, I believe in it.

Because I believe in Auburn, I believe in our football team.

Because I love our football team, I support them no matter what.

Because I support them no matter what, I don't mind we lost the National Championship.


I'd like to say a HUGE thank you to our amazing football team. I also want to say thank you to our amazing coaching staff lead by Gus Malzahn. 

I came to Auburn because this has always been my dream school. I couldn't imagine going to any other school. I grew up watching Auburn football and couldn't wait to be in the student section. I got a full season and couldn't believe it. I loved every minute of every game. I then also got to go to the SEC Championship in Atlanta. 

When it came out that Auburn would be going to the National Championship I couldn't believe it. Auburn would be going to the National Championship game after losing every conference game last season. Because I believe in Auburn's men, I believed anything was possible at the beginning of this season. 

If you're plugged into social media at all, or watched the game, you know it was one hell of a game. Its also a game that we lost. But well we beat the only team that mattered at the Iron Bowl. And no Alabama we don't want to hold one of your National Championship trophies, we have one of our own, and we can hold it longer than a second. 

I'd love to think that these next players will actually see these thank you's but I doubt it. If they do however, know I mean it. I've cheered, cried, and been there for as long as I remember, I feel like y'all are family, if you ever need anything I'd help you in a heart beat, you help dreams come true for me as a fan. It's the least I could do.

Tre Mason, today news broke out you're going pro. Congrats, I can't imagine how happy you are about this next stage in your life! You broke Bo's record, got to go to two national championship games, and had one of the best seasons that I can remember. I can't even describe the pure joy I had when I saw you had the ball and would cheer you on with everything in me in Jordan-Hare you couldn't hear me over the roar of thousands, but I promise, I cheered a few times almost to the point of passing out. I was there. You have no reason to apologize to the Auburn family, you didn't let us down. You did everything we could have imagined and more. You're an incredible athlete and wherever you end up next year I will cheer for you! 

Cody Parkey, hey, you're a kick butt kicker. (I'd like to think I'm punny, sorry). But honestly, a large amount of those points this season are thanks to you. You're an incredible kicker and congrats on a great senior year! And I've got spring formal so if you're free I'd love to take you!

Steven Clark, you're a killer punter. I can't believe the times you got it right on the 2 yard line and it would stop. You're a pretty great guy to have on special teams. Also if it doesn't work out with Cody, Delta Zeta's know how to have fun at formal and I've been told we have one of the best from guys who have gone so its an option. Hope you have a great rest of your senior year and all the best wishes to you. 

Nick Marshall, thank you. Your runs, passes, and snap decisions are part of what got us to where we are today. You're a great quarterback and I can't wait to see what else comes out of your career. 

To the rest of the team, I'm sorry I don't know your names. I now realize that the people who's names we don't memorize are the running backs who keep those nasty defenders away from Nick, or who keep our kicker and punter safe from defenders. There's also our defensive line who knows how to sac, and keep those other teams from making it very far down the field. I'll try to get to know your names for next season. And to those who are red-shirted I actually know some of y'all personally from class (I act like I know the big names, I don't but y'all I can call my friends, well you would at least recognize me). I can't wait to see y'all play next year and get in some real action. 

Win or lose Auburn will always be my team. I cried after the game Monday night, partly because I was sad we didn't come home with the crystal, but more because I couldn't believe the season of destiny and miracles in Jordan-Hare was over. My freshman football season is one I will tell my kids about more times than they care, and once I have grandkids they're gonna hear the stories a few times more than they want. Thank you. 

I got to see us win against Mississippi State. 
I got to see us win against Georgia.
I went and cheered for y'all when you came back from defeating the Aggies, the team people said we couldn't beat. 
I got to see us win against Georgia.
I got to see us win through tears of joy against the team that no one thought we could beat.
I got to storm the field after the Iron Bowl killing those poor bushes.
I got to see us win every home game.
I got to see us win against Mizzou, those fake tigers who try and be us. And become SEC champions.
I got to see us go to the National Championship against all odds, that clock just ran out of time. I got to see us put up the fight of a life for that crystal. 
My kids are gonna hear this story a thousand times.

They're gonna have to learn to love it, but I don't think it will be taught, it will be passed down and they'll fall in love just like I have. 


"And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it." 


Comments

Popular Posts