OMG its like a new year. or something

Ok there's four different types of people on this night:

1. The happy overjoyed couple. This is the couple who posts 1000+ tweets and pictures of their festivities. Ok- maybe not. But they're together. Cliche tweets and instagram captions and locations will follow. I'm happy for you people, really, but keep the making out pictures to a minimum. Like what happens if y'all break up... awk for anybody else to look at your history.

2. The sad-away from their significant other-couple. This is the couple who can't be together tonight. They're pissed that they're 6+ hours away from each other due to this thing called "hometown" or "family" they just want to be with the person they might or might not spend the rest of their lives with- they just want to be kissed at midnight and it's not gonna happen and they're just pissy and sad. These are the people you leave at home and don't text or talk to. They're a kill joy.

3. The single one. HEYYYYY. ME! LOL. We're either miserable or happy (so really 5 types). Tonight I loved catching up with a great friend, I've not slept in DAYS so I then went to my room and while my parents and grandparents socialized I watched FRIENDS and cuddled with my dog. I was 100% happy. Then there's those who try and be funny about being single and are like "hey here's me with my partner, oh wait...." or the "hit me up, big party" with the subtext of "who can I get drunk enough or who is desperate enough or both to kiss me at midnight" these are also the people who get incredibly dressed up and go out- drunk or sober and desperately try and find someone for that dreaded moment at 12:00 when the single people are even more single than at 11:59. I didn't even kiss my dog. I think Ross and Rachel might have kissed at midnight. Not sure. I'm in season three. Didn't really pay attention to the time.

4. Then there's the drunks. They cover most feelings. Sad, happy, grumpy, ya know the 7 dwarves. LOL. I think I'm funny. But they're gonna make out with someone (or more than one someone), possibly go home with someone, have sex they're gonna regret tomorrow whenever they come out of the hangover (or the bedroom at someone else's apartment), experiment some, basically whatever they didn't do this year they're giving themselves the excuse of "I didn't do it this past year I've got 2 hours until 2014... so lets throw those morals out the door!" I've seen all of these on my timeline tonight. But they've got the funniest stories to tell for the next year. Double edged sword that alcohol is.

What's the moral?

1. Please don't be obnoxious with your posts on NYE. Nobody likes those darn flipagrams either. Its like a seizure of pictures and its horrible. MAKE A COLLAGE. Like pick a few memories not all 300+ pictures of you and your 500 best friends. Like I love my friends but no. Not gonna do that. This applies to EVERYONE. I'd like to personally ask that inventor why they hated mankind.

2. Call a cab. Don't be dumb. Or spend the night where you are if you can. Like nobody wants the call hearing that their friend is hurt or dead.

3. Be smart if you go home with someone. That's that. Don't wanna bring in next year with a 3 month old or child support.

4. Remember that the past is just that in the past. You can grow from it and learn, but dwelling on it could keep you from looking up and realizing that the best thing in your life could be right in front of you. You're so busy looking in the rear view mirror at that view you can't see the even greater one outside your windshield.

xoxo.

Comments

Popular Posts