Boy Crazy or Crazy About Boys?
It has never been a secret I like guys more than I have girls, wether it be as a friend or a crush. Guys have been my support system because most girls are just too vindictive, catty, and rude. Now don't take this as me hating all of my friends who are girls, just sometimes I know how mean I myself can be and know all other girls have the same capabilities. My best girl friends I wouldn't trade for the world, they have helped me through so much but my guy friends also play a crucial role.
Now that I'm in college going from little Montgomery where it seems the dating pool is in negative numbers to a college campus where there are 31,000 students and lets say half are guys so 15,500 people for me to pick from. Lets say I "occasionally" get distracted by how gorgeous some of these Auburn men are. I realize that some are already married, others in serious relationships, and I'm not about to be a home wrecker but that still leaves a huge portion of guys up for a relationship.
Despite popular belief and my twitter page on occasion (ok, a lot) I really am quite happy being single, I have friends here in Auburn that are mostly girls for the first time in a long time due to roommates and sorority. I have friends that are guys, don't get me wrong but they aren't my main friend system like they were back home. This does leave me wishing I could have a guy who acted more like a big brother as opposed to a boyfriend. I just want someone who I can go to parties/dances/socials with, have fun, call to go get something to eat, or just hang out. I don't really need or have time for a dating relationship. Would it be nice to have that other person you know really cares? Yeah. Do I really want to have to worry/keep up with someone else? No, I have three roommates for that. Between trying to adjust to college life and all it has to offer: classes, homework, swaps, frats, roommates, football games... the list goes on and on. There is lots for me to do and not really a ton of time. I plan on keeping a 4.0 through college, that means lots of studying and trying to balance that with social life will be a challenge.
This also isn't to say that IF and that is a HUGE IF, God were to bring the right guy along to me lets just say next week (I doubt it, but for example's sake) it is in His plan, not mine and things would work for His glory and according to His plan. I don't even know if God plans to bring me my husband here at Auburn, of course I wish for my husband to be an Auburn man but I won't exclude. All he has to do is love Jesus more than he loves me and then everything else will fall into place, (college degree and my parents liking him are also HUGE factors, FYI).
So crazy about boys applies. Guys are some of the funniest, craziest, greatest friends I've ever had. I'm looking for more guy FRIENDS, I'm not about to throw everybody into the friend zone but just having someone I know who will have my back and stand up for me but also just be a good friend is something that can't be given to you by your best girl friend who you share clothes with. As much as I love being able to go into my roommates closet and being able to wear her clothes sometimes guys see something that we as girls can't see or refuse to see that they point out. And guys bring a new element of fun to the table.
All this to say: I know God has a plan for my life, I know He will eventually bring me someone special, I know that my plans aren't His but that His plans for my life are far greater than anything I can imagine. I know my wanting to plan out my life is not trusting God 100%, and I get and see that, I'm working on it. If you know me well I plan out just about everything that I can, as Elle Woods says in Legally Blonde "where is my social calendar?" I'm wishing I had one of those for sorority/college activities right now like when good bands were coming to fraternity houses, when/where/what to wear all my socials would be such a big help.... Back to type A personality. Sorry, not sorry. But I know that God's ultimate plan for my life is infinitely greater for my life than anything I can imagine.
Now that I'm in college going from little Montgomery where it seems the dating pool is in negative numbers to a college campus where there are 31,000 students and lets say half are guys so 15,500 people for me to pick from. Lets say I "occasionally" get distracted by how gorgeous some of these Auburn men are. I realize that some are already married, others in serious relationships, and I'm not about to be a home wrecker but that still leaves a huge portion of guys up for a relationship.
Despite popular belief and my twitter page on occasion (ok, a lot) I really am quite happy being single, I have friends here in Auburn that are mostly girls for the first time in a long time due to roommates and sorority. I have friends that are guys, don't get me wrong but they aren't my main friend system like they were back home. This does leave me wishing I could have a guy who acted more like a big brother as opposed to a boyfriend. I just want someone who I can go to parties/dances/socials with, have fun, call to go get something to eat, or just hang out. I don't really need or have time for a dating relationship. Would it be nice to have that other person you know really cares? Yeah. Do I really want to have to worry/keep up with someone else? No, I have three roommates for that. Between trying to adjust to college life and all it has to offer: classes, homework, swaps, frats, roommates, football games... the list goes on and on. There is lots for me to do and not really a ton of time. I plan on keeping a 4.0 through college, that means lots of studying and trying to balance that with social life will be a challenge.
This also isn't to say that IF and that is a HUGE IF, God were to bring the right guy along to me lets just say next week (I doubt it, but for example's sake) it is in His plan, not mine and things would work for His glory and according to His plan. I don't even know if God plans to bring me my husband here at Auburn, of course I wish for my husband to be an Auburn man but I won't exclude. All he has to do is love Jesus more than he loves me and then everything else will fall into place, (college degree and my parents liking him are also HUGE factors, FYI).
So crazy about boys applies. Guys are some of the funniest, craziest, greatest friends I've ever had. I'm looking for more guy FRIENDS, I'm not about to throw everybody into the friend zone but just having someone I know who will have my back and stand up for me but also just be a good friend is something that can't be given to you by your best girl friend who you share clothes with. As much as I love being able to go into my roommates closet and being able to wear her clothes sometimes guys see something that we as girls can't see or refuse to see that they point out. And guys bring a new element of fun to the table.
All this to say: I know God has a plan for my life, I know He will eventually bring me someone special, I know that my plans aren't His but that His plans for my life are far greater than anything I can imagine. I know my wanting to plan out my life is not trusting God 100%, and I get and see that, I'm working on it. If you know me well I plan out just about everything that I can, as Elle Woods says in Legally Blonde "where is my social calendar?" I'm wishing I had one of those for sorority/college activities right now like when good bands were coming to fraternity houses, when/where/what to wear all my socials would be such a big help.... Back to type A personality. Sorry, not sorry. But I know that God's ultimate plan for my life is infinitely greater for my life than anything I can imagine.
Comments
Post a Comment