Blessings in Disguise
At Auburn you are told "GET INVOLVED!" I did and applied for FLP, I thought I wanted Freshman Forum so I could work directly with SGA and be SGA president, God changed my plans. I LOVE missions internationally but I didn't have direction yet until my FLP retreat.
I was sick the night of call outs an amazing Auburn tradition, I was called into The Challenge. My second choice of FLP groups but an amazing cause, the one my heart knew it wanted but my head didn't.
The Challenge is all about international issues, food, water, ending trafficking and slavery. All issues I hold near and dear to my heart. Fast forward to the retreat this Sunday, a woman who was the WISE community group leader and someone I had never seen before walk up and we're told to gather around and listen to them talk. The woman I hadn't seen before opened her mouth and it was a Kenyan accent and I knew. That's where I will be doing missions, Kenya.
I've always loved Africa, I've been incredibly fascinated by Africa and the history and their culture it's one of the most beautiful cultures I've ever seen. Their heritage is so rich and they also have really remained untouched by modern life in the rural areas. I love that, but the sad fact is that they have so many needs and they're so often forgotten.
The woman who is from a small village in Kenya is the first to get her doctorate and her parents literally built a school in their own back yard to give other kids a chance to go to college. Thats where FLP comes in, we are helping to pay for feeding these kids and buying them a tshirt for a uniform tshirt day. I cannot wait to go over to Kenya and be able to teach the kids and just pour into them.
Those of you who also know me well I want to adopt, I don't know if that place is going to be Kenya yet but I'm super excited to see what God wants for my life through FLP and through Fruits of Faulu!
Comments
Post a Comment