Merry Christmas and stuff like that.
Merry Christmas from the Kluckings! It’s once again that
time of the year for you to read what all has happened and see how much I’ve
grown up and how much my parent’s lives have changed without me being at home
now.
As I finished up high school my parents took me on the
greatest capstone to a classical education—a two and a half week trip to
Europe! We went to England, France, Germany, Holland, and Belgium. It was one
of the best family vacations we’ve taken—lots of moments that could have come
out of a Chevy Chase or National Lampoon movie. In France we explored the
Louvre, Versailles, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and got to go to the Palm
Sunday service there, a bunch of subway stations (and we didn’t get mugged,
YAY!), and we also survived my dad driving out of Paris; in Holland, the Tulip
festival (Keukenhof); and we explored castles and cathedrals of kings past and
present everywhere we traveled (Neuschwanstein, Cologne, Buckingham, &
Warwick). In Amsterdam, we saw Anne Frank’s house (and I got to experience the
“lovely” smell that is Amsterdam, I hated it) and in Germany, Dachau
concentration camp. We had an amazing time in England visiting our British
friends, the Humphreys, whom we stayed with in England; England was my favorite
country by far. I loved the history that was around every corner, going to
Easter Sunday in a church built in the 1300’s with two knights’ coffins in the
transept was just incredible. I could fill pages and pages telling you about
Europe, but alas, I’ve got a page to tell you a year’s worth of information and
events, and talk about mom and dad. An aside, I want to go back so bad it
hurts.
I graduated this May from Evangel Family Christian Academy,
a homeschool co-op, and graduated with above a 4.0 (mom and dad are very proud,
as am I, and if you think it was an easy task to get that GPA with my mom a PhD
and teacher for 30+ years, please reconsider that opinion).
I’m now a very happy student at Auburn University as a
Secondary English Education major (following in mom’s footsteps). Auburn has a
great education program, not to mention an AWESOME football program this year
(War Eagle). If you didn’t know Auburn was one if not the worst team in the SEC
last year not winning a single conference game, this year however, we are
headed to the Rose Bowl for the National Championship!! I couldn’t be happier
to be at Auburn, I’ve loved Auburn for as long as I can remember and as if
college wasn’t a good enough experience, being at Auburn for this Cinderella
season has been amazing. Since I’m talking about Auburn, my first semester went
well, and going to class isn’t too horrible, I actually enjoy most of them.
I’ve learned lots about life that my parents have been saying for years that I
didn’t believe until I got there and experienced it myself. I rushed and I’m a
proud member of Delta Zeta. I’ve created some awesome memories with my DZ
sisters, including swaps, socials, and going to the SEC Championship game with
one of my pledge sisters. I’m incredibly excited to see what the future has to
hold for me at Auburn and beyond!
My dad is still out working at Maxwell Air Force Base
writing and editing curriculum for Air Force captains at Squadron Officer
College. My mom is back working at Eastwood Christian School, where I attended
school for 9 years, teaching the junior class Honors American History. She’s
also continuing to tutor other homeschoolers.
With my parents missing me so much (ha ha) they’ve redone
the house by enclosing our patio, laying new carpet and tile, refurbishing fireplaces
(which my mom loves, she lives by the fire in the colder months basically),
painting rooms, and lastly rearranging and purchasing new furniture. I’ve not
been moved out… yet. Of course, I can always come home, but they want to see me
blossom like edelweiss (a flower that never stops growing and blossoming from
Austria).
In closing, may God and His blessings be with you this
Christmas and throughout the year. His Son is the reason for the celebration
and we have much to celebrate and be thankful for at the Klucking house. We
pray you have much to celebrate as well!
Comments
Post a Comment