To My Future Husband



An open letter to the dashing guy who I will date/marry one day:

I'm not that complex... Or so I think... I'm probably complex. All girls are, I won't lie to you.

1. I like food, a lot, and I like to cook. I will try new recipes on you and be honest you are my Guinea pig and I don't wanna take that recipe to a party and be embarrassed. Honesty is the best policy, with food and everything else.

2. I also love dogs. We will have at least one dog. I also want a horse. I like most anything furry. But anything that slithers or has scales (unless it is a fish) won't happen. Sorry. I can't deal with live crickets to feed to a lizard or snake or reptile of any form, grosssss. Unless we got a dinosaur which won't be possible but that would be cool. We would make millions.

3. Quality time, words, and touch are my top three love languages. If you haven't read the book do so (or at least take the quiz) and tell me what yours is (Five Love Languages, Gary Chapman). Also anything in a Tiffany blue box can NEVER hurt, or anything Apple, or Nancy's Italian Ice Double Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Ice.... a combo could be the easiest get out of jail free card you ever have.

4. If you check my pinterest account you can see what I want our future house to look like or at least model after. You will also find what fashion I like, what kind of engagement ring I would like, and recipes I want to try/I like. Basically look around and you have access to my soul.

5. Apparently this sounds incredibly superficial but I've asked my closest friends and they ALL agree this is true: we want an engagement ring we are proud of and can see without a microscope. I'm not saying I need a 2 carat ring from Tiffany but make a small investment into a ring I will wear the rest of my life. I mean PLEASE I like things that *SPARKLE* (see pinterest you will know what I'm talking about) and a Tiffany ring would not hurt.... But the preferred family jeweler is located in Fairview Heights, IL, Olde World Jewelers (4614 North Illinois Street (Rt. 159) Fairview Heights, Illinois 62208)  its 9 hours away from Montgomery, AL approximated time and they are on Facebook. If you have the option to go for one diamond or a bunch of little ones go for the one, again pinterest it will be your best friend. 

6. Have guy friends. I don't want to be with you 24/7 however if you want to be like Luke Bryan and say "I can crash your party anytime" thats great I love that idea but GNO is a must. Oh and if theres some hottie at boys night that doesn't make a happy Sara. Just saying use common since. 

7. I'm waiting for you, kindly do the same. If you don't know what that means think about it. If you still don't I'm sorry you aren't it. Song of Solomon 3:5 is a hint. 

8. I'd like to say I'm easy to please... I'm game for just about anything but if you ask me out on a date PLAN IT, don't ask me to.

9. I talk A LOT. You can ask me to be quiet, or not as noisy... It doesn't work. I can't whisper to save my life, or wink for that matter. Kluckings are loud by nature. I didn't miss that gene at all. If you meet my family you will understand that we are loud, huggers, and being truthful is the best way to earn trust. Makes since right?

10. I mentioned I like food right? Chocolate is my favorite candy besides haribo gummy frogs, haribo peaches, and when it comes to chocolate dove, Hershey's, m&m's, and reeces are my favorites. My favorite icecream is cake batter with cookie dough and oreo from cold stone creamery. but the salted caramel pretzel at California yogurt craze is a second runner up. And I love spicy foods. 

11. I speak my mind. Most of the time I try and be nice about it, other times, not so much, know if I ask you about something its because I care- not because I'm trying to be mean about it. But don't lie. That (lying that is) is the fast track to me jamming to Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, and Reba after I've said adieu to you.

12. PLEASE BE FUNNY! I like just about any kind of humor, Big Bang Theory about sums up my humor. But seriously making me laugh will be your best asset. Now being a clown all the time will get you slapped into next week. You gotta be able to get serious at moments but be funny. Oh and don't be Howard from Big Bang Theory... No. I'm not like Bernadette, I'm more like Penny, just not blonde and I don't work at the Cheesecake factory. But I plan to graduate from college.  

13. I can get emotional... I'm a girl. It comes with the territory. When I'm hungry I become a different person, snappy, mean, and grumpy. If you mix that with tired just get me food and tell me to go to bed. It is your best move. No matter what I say or do. I need sleep, about 8 hours of it, if not more. However when I'm in a good mood life is great. Normally I'm in a good mood. Just keep that in mind. I NEED SLEEP TO FUNCTION LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING. 

14. And my "normal" isn't like other peoples. You will learn that very quickly. 

15. A simple "good morning" text can change my day, or a text during the day being as a guy calls it "mushy" "whipped" or whatever. Do it. You aren't in a relationship with your bro's unless he is giving you awesome advice and his girlfriend is 100% happy don't listen to him.... I'm giving you what I want... I mean you can't be that thick.... 

16. You can have women friends, just don't go places alone with them it looks sketchy, I will abide by the same standard vise versa. I trust you, but I won't trust her unless she is your mother or sister. 

17. I'm incredibly driven when it comes to certain things, cleaning isn't one. I'm not a slob but if I say pardon the mess there will be one. 

18. I covered the basics: food, sleep, sparkles. Outside of that you will learn what you need to. And I thought this would be a given, it should be #1 but if you don't love Jesus more than you love me it won't work. The closer we are to God the closer we will be to each other. So if you don't know him you won't get to know me. 

19. Along that vein-6 simple guidelines: 1. ask my dad to marry me/get parents blessing both mine and yours,  2. make it a surprise, 3. use my full name when you ask, 4. get down on one knee, 5. have someone capture it on camera (this is SO important, and if you could record what you said exactly I would melt), 6. make sure my nails look good. simple, right?

20. It is simple but so easy, don't hide your feelings, if you don't share with me what I'm doing wrong (which is possible) I can't fix what you don't tell me. I will be loyal to you until the end. Don't try and play cool with me- it is not fun. I'm not a toy, I have feelings. Lots of them. Don't do something dumb to hurt me on purpose or to "test" me. Don't play games, those are for children. 




Comments

Popular Posts