The Teaching Tutor, LLC.

It's sometimes hard to describe my new job/company to people. I wanted to take a moment to describe and articulate how thankful I am for my families, but how I could possibly help someone you know if they're in the Auburn area.  

A little over a year ago I didn't know what would happen this past year. I had resigned and didn't know what the next step was. Tons of applications, a few interviews, no jobs. I was concerned but knew God had a plan. 

I responded to a Care.com ad and found a family who needed intensive tutoring help. That family then introduced me to the Office of Accommodations, who then introduced me to others in the community. That family took me in, I ate more meals with them last year than I did with friends, I sat at his graduation and attended his graduation party. I was there for every test, quiz, and late night study session. It's been the same with other families too. They become people who pour into me as I help their student with their academic needs. I'm also glad to say some have become friends and why I love education, to begin with. I get to have the emotional connection of investing in students who care, want to succeed, and recognize that they need a little push in the right direction. 

In a nutshell, I help students who need more academic help than the average college student. But truly, I'm just a facilitator of information. I serve as the sounding board, second set of eyes, and accountability partner for the students I work with. I'll be honest, I failed math my freshman year, and didn't make the Dean's list until the end of Sophmore year when I really figured out how to properly study. That was after I got into my major's classes that I was passionate about. I want to help students skip that first step I had, or help those toward the end who need a cheerleader to finish strong. 

I love helping others learn. I've learned about political administration, forestry, business, and many more subjects this past year. It is a great time for me to continuously learn, but also help students who just need a friend to study with. 

I help some students who have accommodations but also help those that just need an extra hand. If you have a question about if I would be able to work with a specific need please let me know. I've gotten training and experience with many kinds of students this past year as well as previous experiences in education and volunteering. 

I love working with hardworking students who just want help to achieve their academic goals. If this might be you, or someone you know I'd love to talk with them, but I'm so thankful for this amazing niche that God has placed into my life to love others and continue learning! 



Comments

Popular Posts