2017 in review

2017 has brought lots of new things into my life, 2017 has been a year of growing, unlike any kind I've ever had before.

2017 began at Auburn High School in 10th grade with my amazing internship supervisor Julie Wentworth and my academic advisor Dr. Sams. I wouldn't be half of the teacher without either of them pushing me to be better and push me to think outside of the box. I'm thankful for both of their advice and help (and recommendation letters) to help me become the teacher I am today and to know that there is always room for improvement and to always keep learning. I'm also super thankful for that sweet bunch of students being my first set of guinea pigs and letting me try new things and all of us learn together.

As many know I started dating my sweet boyfriend this year in April and he's been the best at helping me with every part of this year, from graduation,  job interviews, and moving into my house. I could go on and on about how he's helped with lawn care, putting down flooring, helping me with dishes when I'm exhausted from school, and so much more, but I'm super thankful for everything that he has helped me with this year.

I graduated from Auburn University with honors in May (and threw Brent to the wolves and only after a month of dating he met nearly all of my family and friends at once). Then in July I got my dream job teaching 7th grade Language Arts at East Samford School. ESS is a 7th grade only school in Auburn City Schools. I've had a crazy first semester that's come to a quick close and I've learned that my mom earned a bunch of grey hairs when she was teaching my class at Eastwood in 7th grade (that she still doesn't have, but they're coming and I apologize to her all the time for it). 7th grade is unlike nothing else but I'd not change my group of 132 for the world. They're helping to make me a better person and teacher. So many of them have life circumstances I couldn't imagine and because of this they're helping me to become more patient, kind, and understanding.

Within a week of getting a job I also placed an offer in on a house. I bought a house in Auburn and have had the most amazing team to help me renovate and move in, my mom, dad, Brent, Spencer, my grandparents, and so many others that helped me turn my house into a home.

2017 is coming to a close and I'm so immensely thankful and grateful of 2017. It came with many lessons, a lot of patience, but most importantly blessings beyond my wildest dreams.

I can only imagine what 2018 has to offer and cannot wait to see what it holds. From our family to yours we hope you have a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

*sorry the letter writer moved out and has a big girl job and didn't get a photo for this year's card*



Comments

Popular Posts