Yes, Wait, & No.
About year ago I posted something that God had told me, and that I needed to realize then as well as now. These truths have come to full fruition this week. God has 3 answers yes, wait, and no.
Yes- and he gives you what you want.
Wait- and he gives you something better.
No-and gives you the best.
I heard a lot of no's this summer. Not only from God, but from others.
No to my "dream" job I've had in mind since sophomore year, no to other jobs, no to moving to the lake, no to moving to Mobile. No, no, no.
I'd been so stressed it began to show physically. I had minor cracks in my teeth from clenching my teeth at night (sorry Dr. Burke). My plans were not working. I planned to be engaged by now. I planned to have a job before I graduated. I planned to have a dog. I have none of that.
I planned without asking God first. I finally figured out I needed him before anything would work. So I gave up my plans.
God told me--wait. He told me I have your life in my hands. Trust me.
So, I let go, I let God.
I wrote 14 days ago about how I had to give up my whole life into God's hands. I had no prospects for a job, no idea of where I was going or what I was doing. I had the days counted until July 31st at 1 p.m. when I had to move out. All I knew is that I have a family who loves me, and the best friends and boyfriend on the planet supporting me. But I wasn't looking to the best support, Jesus. I was trying to do all of this on my own.
I let go. God took over and let blessings come.
I got a call from a familiar administrator in my dream school district for an interview. I couldn't believe it, but I was wary because I know how this particular district is competitive--granted, I think I'm great--but I had heard no all summer. I was prepared to not get the job. I went in the interview and told Jesus he had the wheel. Carrie Underwood was blaring in the background of my head and Jesus had the wheel.
I had the best interview at 10:30. I left and thought to myself "I did my best. That's all I can do."
I prepared for a second interview in another district later that afternoon.
I went to lunch with my boyfriend, Brent, and he drove me to my second interview on Monday. I had a great interview with another school. I left thinking, okay, I can work here. I need a job and God just opened this door for me.
I checked my phone once I was back in the car with Brent. I had a missed call and voicemail from the 10:30 interview.
Honestly, my heart sank. I thought they had made a decision and I didn't think it was me.
Naturally, I called my mom and she prayed for me and wished me good luck. Brent followed suit and did as well before I called. I nervously dialed the number and Dr. Barlow answered and offered me the job as the 7th grade Language Arts teacher on the Lions team at East Samford School.
I said yes through disbelief and happy tears.
After hanging up I cried (read: sobbed to where I couldn't read my screen to call my mom) tears of happiness and relief. Never did I think I would get a job in Auburn City Schools fresh out of college. But I did.
I picked up my keys yesterday. I organized as much of my class today as possible. I met the rest of the incredible Lion team. They had decorations, books, Clorox wipes, everything I needed on day one to get started.
I couldn't believe it.
I still don't.
God had a plan beyond my wildest dreams. Now I'm here in awe of what he has done for me.
East Samford School. A lion. I MADE IT.
I can't help but think of the Bible illustration of a lion and a lamb. God is the lion and I'm the lamb. He had me protected and cared for this ENTIRE time. Through my hard headed years of thinking I didn't need him as much, to have to fully surrender my ENTIRE life because I realized I was nothing without him. I could be reading far too into this (using that ELA degree) but I firmly believe that after having to let it all go for him to tell me yes. I see his hand at work. He began working on this two years ago and I can see it. All the dots are connecting and I'm so thrilled to be part of THE BEST team of people. He placed me where he wanted me, with 4 other incredible teachers. Go Lions. But also yay for my awesome ELA team who is just on point.
I cannot wait to take 7th grade by storm and have some awesome kids change my life!
For all who have prayed THANK YOU. For all who have supported me through this emotionally THANK YOU. I couldn't have done it without you.
I'm blessed beyond measure and humbled I get to be at East Samford School this year.
It's been a wild chapter full of ups and downs, but here we go..... Onto the next.
Adulthood.
Not crying rn... someone put onions next to me. I'm so proud of you. - Littles
ReplyDelete