College is over, what now?
I've been MIA since internship, but since then I've graduated from Auburn (with honors, woo!), I've begun to pack my apartment I've called home for the last two years, applied for more jobs than I care to count, and I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
I have 32 days until I hopefully know where these next steps will be leading to (cause moving out of your apartment is a pretty solid reason, as to not be homeless), until then I pack, apply for more jobs, and pack some more.
I thought the hard part was going to college--that the all-nighters, the drama, and the endless papers would lead to a job, and that the perfect job would automatically come, but it hasn't. Life isn't fair, and people don't do what you think they will. I learned some hard life lessons these last few months. For example, potential employers won't actually call you back about an interview when they said they would, I lost a job because I had faith in someone else following through on their word. That was incredibly hard. I learned that it's sometimes who you know, not what you know. I got an interview at a school based on a connection at that school, my application had been passed over initially... but when the connection came up I suddenly had an interview. I was shocked that merit alone wouldn't get me where I needed to be. I knew that you needed connections, not education, but I didn't truly understand what that meant until I tried being in the real world.
Granted, my resume isn't perfect, it's pretty good, but being 22, only a semester of teaching under my belt, and no set life plans doesn't make many employers keen to hire since I could leave after just a year. Which I understand, but how does one get experience without having a job first, it's like they want 5 years experience when you have no experience and everyone else seems to have the same idea.
Life is challenging.
But something that I'm reminded of daily, and must remind myself of daily, is that God has a plan. It's nearly impossible to see, but I know that it is there.
My life didn't go as freshman year me had planned. I had thought I would've been engaged, I would have a dog, and that I would have everything figured out. But honestly, people make jokes I'm the OCD planner and that I have a plan for everything. I typically do. But in this big adventure of life I don't, I thought I did. I thought that I would have life figured out, but God's got a plan larger than I can know or even guess. But that's how it goes I create a plan, and God gives me something greater than I imagined.
The best things in life are those that aren't expected or planed. I learned that this year as well. I got some of the best blessings this year when life was going completely haywire according to my plans, but God wasn't surprised. Until this next chapter of my life unfolds in the next 32 days I hope I've got an update on life, but until then here's to living life day by day and seeing where it goes.
I have 32 days until I hopefully know where these next steps will be leading to (cause moving out of your apartment is a pretty solid reason, as to not be homeless), until then I pack, apply for more jobs, and pack some more.
I thought the hard part was going to college--that the all-nighters, the drama, and the endless papers would lead to a job, and that the perfect job would automatically come, but it hasn't. Life isn't fair, and people don't do what you think they will. I learned some hard life lessons these last few months. For example, potential employers won't actually call you back about an interview when they said they would, I lost a job because I had faith in someone else following through on their word. That was incredibly hard. I learned that it's sometimes who you know, not what you know. I got an interview at a school based on a connection at that school, my application had been passed over initially... but when the connection came up I suddenly had an interview. I was shocked that merit alone wouldn't get me where I needed to be. I knew that you needed connections, not education, but I didn't truly understand what that meant until I tried being in the real world.
Granted, my resume isn't perfect, it's pretty good, but being 22, only a semester of teaching under my belt, and no set life plans doesn't make many employers keen to hire since I could leave after just a year. Which I understand, but how does one get experience without having a job first, it's like they want 5 years experience when you have no experience and everyone else seems to have the same idea.
Life is challenging.
But something that I'm reminded of daily, and must remind myself of daily, is that God has a plan. It's nearly impossible to see, but I know that it is there.
My life didn't go as freshman year me had planned. I had thought I would've been engaged, I would have a dog, and that I would have everything figured out. But honestly, people make jokes I'm the OCD planner and that I have a plan for everything. I typically do. But in this big adventure of life I don't, I thought I did. I thought that I would have life figured out, but God's got a plan larger than I can know or even guess. But that's how it goes I create a plan, and God gives me something greater than I imagined.
The best things in life are those that aren't expected or planed. I learned that this year as well. I got some of the best blessings this year when life was going completely haywire according to my plans, but God wasn't surprised. Until this next chapter of my life unfolds in the next 32 days I hope I've got an update on life, but until then here's to living life day by day and seeing where it goes.
Comments
Post a Comment