20 things I'm thankful for at 20
1. A God who loves me where I am, not where I want to be, or where I think I "should" be.
2. A family who does the same, and funds my school, shopping, and food. (the shopping is a big one)
3. Friends who I could not do life without - because some friends you text at 3am and they answer by some miracle and act of God.
4. Sorority sisters who are my sanity. Without some of them I don't know if I would've survived college thus far.
5. Auburn. If you don't go you can't really understand, I'm super thankful for the school I'm at.
6. My kitchen. I love cooking, I love having friends over and making cookie cakes at 10:30 at night. Sometimes its just what we do.
7. Homework. Without it I would not know anything, also I would probably get into trouble, cause that much free time isn't good for anyone. (this one is love/hate, but thankful nonetheless)
8. Doctors. Sometimes you can't avoid them, I'm just thankful for modern medicine.
9. FOOD! CARBS, really hot french bread and pasta. After being gluten free for about 9 months this year I was really glad I decided to have a cupcake and be a "rebel" and realize I could eat those glorious things again. (don't ask me why or how this happened, I couldn't nor could doctors tell you how) Chickfila. Again, nuggets and fries. If heaven was catered by Chickfila I would be completely ok with that. Chipotle/Qdoba. That would only be Qdoba but since there isn't one in the state Chipotle is the runner up, only behind Qdoba because of the lack of queso. So really this is another food post. #ilovequeso.
10. My bed. Nap time was something I hated as a kid, now I take naps all the time and plan for them. Adults know what is up when they make kids take naps, if only I had realized naps were beautiful things earlier.
11. COFFEE. Enough said.
12. Quality over quantity. I'd rather spend time with a few close friends rather than spreading myself thin and have a bunch of friends, granted I have friends I adore whom I don't spend much time with, but some friendships don't need the constant up keep and can pick up right where they left off. Also this totally applies to clothes, I'd rather buy an expensive pair I can wear for years as opposed to a cheap pair I wear out in a month.
13. A car that runs faithfully. I really wouldn't know how to tell a mechanic my car was broken even if I tried. Cars to me are simply a color, shape, and size chart that only my dad and I understand for the most part. So others outside of that don't understand.
14. Holidays. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Labor day, Fall Break. Thankful. Time with friends, family, and awkward moments you'll never hear the end of.
15. Animals - I love my dogs (well most of the time), the horses I get to spend time with, etc. Animals help heal the soul when people are just plain stupid and irritating.
16. Understanding. Being in college has made me appreciate that understanding a situation is so important as huge or little as it might be.
17. The gym. Love hate relationship, but gotta keep this brain around blogging and hopefully to teach one day so might as well try and be healthy and look good doing it right?
18. Good name brand clothes. Little did I realize that sometimes paying a crazy amount of money for clothes makes them actually better in the long run AND they last longer, not always true, but I gotta say some brands know what's up and its worth that little bit of extra money.
19. Good teachers. Bless y'all for dealing with us when we have awful attitudes, on our phones, laptops, iPads, and aren't paying a lick of attention to the words coming out of your mouth. But when we do unplug and you actually make class great.... WOW.
20. Being able to live to this point and go hey, I might be 1/4-1/5 done with my life but in reality that's only 20-25% (given I'm given that amount of time) to be able to do something with my life. But if I only make it to tomorrow, 22, or 35. I know that hopefully I'll leave a story and legacy that points people to Jesus and that people saw my kindness through my short comings and that I made a difference to someone to have them maybe change the world.
2. A family who does the same, and funds my school, shopping, and food. (the shopping is a big one)
3. Friends who I could not do life without - because some friends you text at 3am and they answer by some miracle and act of God.
4. Sorority sisters who are my sanity. Without some of them I don't know if I would've survived college thus far.
5. Auburn. If you don't go you can't really understand, I'm super thankful for the school I'm at.
6. My kitchen. I love cooking, I love having friends over and making cookie cakes at 10:30 at night. Sometimes its just what we do.
7. Homework. Without it I would not know anything, also I would probably get into trouble, cause that much free time isn't good for anyone. (this one is love/hate, but thankful nonetheless)
8. Doctors. Sometimes you can't avoid them, I'm just thankful for modern medicine.
9. FOOD! CARBS, really hot french bread and pasta. After being gluten free for about 9 months this year I was really glad I decided to have a cupcake and be a "rebel" and realize I could eat those glorious things again. (don't ask me why or how this happened, I couldn't nor could doctors tell you how) Chickfila. Again, nuggets and fries. If heaven was catered by Chickfila I would be completely ok with that. Chipotle/Qdoba. That would only be Qdoba but since there isn't one in the state Chipotle is the runner up, only behind Qdoba because of the lack of queso. So really this is another food post. #ilovequeso.
10. My bed. Nap time was something I hated as a kid, now I take naps all the time and plan for them. Adults know what is up when they make kids take naps, if only I had realized naps were beautiful things earlier.
11. COFFEE. Enough said.
12. Quality over quantity. I'd rather spend time with a few close friends rather than spreading myself thin and have a bunch of friends, granted I have friends I adore whom I don't spend much time with, but some friendships don't need the constant up keep and can pick up right where they left off. Also this totally applies to clothes, I'd rather buy an expensive pair I can wear for years as opposed to a cheap pair I wear out in a month.
13. A car that runs faithfully. I really wouldn't know how to tell a mechanic my car was broken even if I tried. Cars to me are simply a color, shape, and size chart that only my dad and I understand for the most part. So others outside of that don't understand.
14. Holidays. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Labor day, Fall Break. Thankful. Time with friends, family, and awkward moments you'll never hear the end of.
15. Animals - I love my dogs (well most of the time), the horses I get to spend time with, etc. Animals help heal the soul when people are just plain stupid and irritating.
16. Understanding. Being in college has made me appreciate that understanding a situation is so important as huge or little as it might be.
17. The gym. Love hate relationship, but gotta keep this brain around blogging and hopefully to teach one day so might as well try and be healthy and look good doing it right?
18. Good name brand clothes. Little did I realize that sometimes paying a crazy amount of money for clothes makes them actually better in the long run AND they last longer, not always true, but I gotta say some brands know what's up and its worth that little bit of extra money.
19. Good teachers. Bless y'all for dealing with us when we have awful attitudes, on our phones, laptops, iPads, and aren't paying a lick of attention to the words coming out of your mouth. But when we do unplug and you actually make class great.... WOW.
20. Being able to live to this point and go hey, I might be 1/4-1/5 done with my life but in reality that's only 20-25% (given I'm given that amount of time) to be able to do something with my life. But if I only make it to tomorrow, 22, or 35. I know that hopefully I'll leave a story and legacy that points people to Jesus and that people saw my kindness through my short comings and that I made a difference to someone to have them maybe change the world.
Comments
Post a Comment