Missions: What is it to you?
Missions:
What do you think of? The Red Cross? Salvation Army? Church groups?
Thursday I leave to go to the great state of TEXAS! Where everything is supposedly bigger, better, and greater than the rest of the US, as our tour guide in Colorado told us is that Texas has an ego problem and thats all and that Colorado was clearly the better state. An aside, sorry. Missions. This week my second home, CO, was hit by a huge line of fires. As I sat safe in Alabama as it poured down rain I wished I had the power to send it to Colorado and save the homes of friends, strangers, and lives of animals and people who might be affected. I however am not headed to Colorado in two short days. I head to Texas. Sorry I'm scattered.
TEXAS! This is where my dad's INSANE family lives.... They also happen to be the best free entertainment anyone could ask for. But I leave early to spend time with the best free entertainment ever. I will also be going with my church, Vaughn Forest, to pair with Mission Arlington and do missions with them through what we call "sweat crew" and doing back yard bible clubs also known as VBS in a public park.
However as I go into this week I'm not as light hearted and excited as I've been in years past: Texas is a second home- not just another place to do missions. This is my family, my blood, these people matter. I'm not sure of the salvation of all my family members and as some of their health decay I'm worried and burdened that I won't see them on the other side of salvation. I don't say this to depress you- but to empower you to pray for me to not just be the "goodie too shoe" family member but to share my love for Christ with them. Sharing with a stranger is 103983172358912647528391 times easier than sharing with people you share blood with. As I go into these next 10 days this means more than any other trip. This isn't just going for a fun trip. This is salvation for my family and for strangers. Before I've never been as burdened for salvation as I have been this trip. I know I've been struggling with sin terribly this week Satan is desperately trying to wear me down before the trip so I won't feel worthy to share Christ's love with his people.
Things to pray for:
1. the band- we haven't practiced ONCE and they leave Sunday, I leave Thursday.... This is an issue.
2. the students- that we will be bold and share our faith- a famous quote "how much do you have to hate someone to not share what you believe with them?"
3. the equipment- whether it be the AC on the bus (which dies without fail EVERY year), musical instruments, and our voices (which will be strained) we need each to have this week be a success
4. safety- we will be going to places that some tell their children to not drive in. this is where we thrive. this also comes with safety issues- having 50+ students who aren't necessarily the brightest about surroundings can be interesting.
5. my family- this is the first and more than likely last they will hear me sing and see the love of Christ presented the way we do. my family is my everything. as much as they drive me INSANE I wouldn't be the person I am without them and I would have nothing without them.
What do you think of? The Red Cross? Salvation Army? Church groups?
Thursday I leave to go to the great state of TEXAS! Where everything is supposedly bigger, better, and greater than the rest of the US, as our tour guide in Colorado told us is that Texas has an ego problem and thats all and that Colorado was clearly the better state. An aside, sorry. Missions. This week my second home, CO, was hit by a huge line of fires. As I sat safe in Alabama as it poured down rain I wished I had the power to send it to Colorado and save the homes of friends, strangers, and lives of animals and people who might be affected. I however am not headed to Colorado in two short days. I head to Texas. Sorry I'm scattered.
TEXAS! This is where my dad's INSANE family lives.... They also happen to be the best free entertainment anyone could ask for. But I leave early to spend time with the best free entertainment ever. I will also be going with my church, Vaughn Forest, to pair with Mission Arlington and do missions with them through what we call "sweat crew" and doing back yard bible clubs also known as VBS in a public park.
However as I go into this week I'm not as light hearted and excited as I've been in years past: Texas is a second home- not just another place to do missions. This is my family, my blood, these people matter. I'm not sure of the salvation of all my family members and as some of their health decay I'm worried and burdened that I won't see them on the other side of salvation. I don't say this to depress you- but to empower you to pray for me to not just be the "goodie too shoe" family member but to share my love for Christ with them. Sharing with a stranger is 103983172358912647528391 times easier than sharing with people you share blood with. As I go into these next 10 days this means more than any other trip. This isn't just going for a fun trip. This is salvation for my family and for strangers. Before I've never been as burdened for salvation as I have been this trip. I know I've been struggling with sin terribly this week Satan is desperately trying to wear me down before the trip so I won't feel worthy to share Christ's love with his people.
Things to pray for:
1. the band- we haven't practiced ONCE and they leave Sunday, I leave Thursday.... This is an issue.
2. the students- that we will be bold and share our faith- a famous quote "how much do you have to hate someone to not share what you believe with them?"
3. the equipment- whether it be the AC on the bus (which dies without fail EVERY year), musical instruments, and our voices (which will be strained) we need each to have this week be a success
4. safety- we will be going to places that some tell their children to not drive in. this is where we thrive. this also comes with safety issues- having 50+ students who aren't necessarily the brightest about surroundings can be interesting.
5. my family- this is the first and more than likely last they will hear me sing and see the love of Christ presented the way we do. my family is my everything. as much as they drive me INSANE I wouldn't be the person I am without them and I would have nothing without them.
Comments
Post a Comment